The monumental remains of the most important explosives factory in the ‘40s are east of the Mareschi wetland. The main reason of such a dislocation was certainly the presence of hills which could protect the built-up area against the effects of the explosions that could be caused by this dangerous activity. The complex, which is a very interesting example of industrial architecture from the beginning of the last century, was one of the first factories in Avigliana and produced beside explosives, fertilizers, paints and chemicals. During the last World War the area was bombed; the production stopped in mid ’60. The Museum opened in 2002 explains, through information boards along its tunnels and its chambers, the history of this important factory and the daily life of men and women working there. Tools and machinery are shown as well as a reproduction of the packaging room, where mostly women were employed.
Informazioni e orari
Ufficio Informazioni Turistiche di Avigliana, corso Laghi 389, tel. 0119311873
Visite guidate ogni ora (durata della visita 45 minuti).
Biglietto: intero 4 euro, ridotto 3 euro (minori di 6 anni, maggiori di 65 anni e gruppi minimo 10 pax).
Informazioni: tel. 0119311873 - 3711619930 - email@example.com.
- Associazione Amici di Avigliana - Avigliana
- B&B Il Giardino delle Farfalle - Avigliana
- Convento di San Francesco - Casa per ferie - Avigliana
- Convento San Francesco - Ristorante - Avigliana
- Ostello Casa per Ferie Conte Rosso - Avigliana
- Ristorante San Michele - Avigliana
- Ufficio del Turismo Avigliana - Avigliana
- B&B Castello di Camerletto - Caselette