Castle

Avigliana

Archaeology

The old town of Avigliana is one of the most significant in Piedmont, for its medieval architecture and its churches. The Castle was probably built in 942 by the Marqueses Arduinici of Turin (it was probably Arduino the Hairless who built the first settlement of “Castrum Avilianae”) on the top of Mount Pezzulano. This castle was used by the Counts of Savoy at least from 1137. In 1691, after conquering it, the French Marshal Catinat got it definitively demolished, leaving the remains we can see after a pleasant walk from Piazza Conte Rosso.

  10051 Avigliana
tel: 011/9311873
ufficioiat@turismoavigliana.it |

Per le visite guidate al castello e al Borgo medievale contattare l'Ufficio Informazioni Turistiche di Avigliana, corso Laghi 389,
tel. 0119311873
ufficioiat@turismoavigliana.it

Accesso libero.

 

View as a list

  • May 12, 2019 - Oct. 27, 2019: A dip in the Middle Ages in Avigliana
  • May 4, 2019 - Sept. 29, 2019: A day as an archaeologist in Avigliana
  • Sept. 22, 2019: Archaeological Heritage Day of Susa Valley
  • Sept. 22, 2019: Avigliana: X Giornata del Patrimonio Archeologico della valle di Susa